What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. They, and similar technologies, are widely used to make websites work, or run more efficiently, as well as to provide information to FSB. They do this by allowing the website to recognise a user’s device from past visits.
The term cookie is used to describe a range of technologies, such as:
- Pixel tags
- Mobile device identifiers
- Web storage used in desktop software or mobile devices
Cookies do a variety of different tasks, such as navigating between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that ads that you see online are related to you and your interests.
What type of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are necessary to allow us to provide the services via our website to you as you have requested. For example, they enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functional. These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use. For example, they are used to remember that you have previously visited the website, to personalise our content, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance. These cookies are used to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Targeting and Advertising. These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising which is more relevant to your interests and also may be used to limit the number of times that you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission.
- FSB Ads. We work with advertising networks to deliver advertisements and other content promoting FSB on other websites and services. Cookies and other similar technologies may be used to serve you with relevant advertisements on other websites, applications or devices, and to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
Please note, these cookies do not contain any of your personal information. For details on how to manage cookies and how to opt out of targeting and advertising cookies see below.
All recent versions of popular browsers allow you to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Please be aware that some areas of our website may not function properly after you have changed your cookie settings.
Your mobile device operating system (e.g., iOS or Android) may provide you with options to opt out of interest based advertising by selecting “Limit Ad tracking” or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads”.
Other helpful resources
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the ‘Help’ section of your particular browser.